Positive Effects: Affection, emotions, love affairs, friendship, harmony, beauty, art, decoration, elegance, presentation, happiness.
Negative Effects: Lack of will power, lack of self-discipline, conceit, arrogance.
It takes 225 days to complete its orbit of the zodiac. It is never more than 47 degrees from the Sun.
- Venus is the patroness of art and refinement, the one who makes music and the sounds of love and enchantment.
- Venus is the mistress of nature. She is forever in search of serenity, peace and harmony.
- Venus rules beauty of the mind as well as the senses, thus justice, fair-mindedness and diplomacy are all within her realm.
- Venus is the most gracious hostess and charming entertainer.
- Venus needs a partner at all times. Without one, she will imagine an ideal mate to keep her heart in balance, or she will devote herself to nature or the creative arts.
- Venus is the planet of love, romance and harmony in our emotional attachments.
- Venus is content to spread happiness and tenderness, all the while teaching us how to love and appreciate others and the things that we possess.
- We appear attractive – and we attract others – thanks to Venus’s energy.
- Beauty is strongly associated with Venus. The arts (music, dance, drama and literature, to name a few) and a sense of the aesthetic fall within the realm of Venus.
- Venus also deals with the pleasure we derive from our possessions. Luxuries, good food and drink, a beautiful home and a sense of refinement all please Venus’s interests.
- This planet asks us to appreciate the exquisite nature of things. It is a sensual – though not necessarily sexual – world as far as Venus is concerned.