Pluto rules Scorpio. Pluto is the last of the transcendental planets and is the higher octave of Mars.
Positive Effects: Regeneration, leadership, stability.
Negative Effects: Restless, violent, controlling, domineering, cruel, sadistic.
It takes Pluto approximately 284 years to complete its orbit around the zodiac. Due to the eccentricity of its orbit, it takes this planet between 12 and 31 years to pass through a sign.
- Pluto is also the farthest from the Sun. It has only recently been discovered, having come to light in 1930.
- Pluto is raw energy…. cataclysm, disaster, as well as ecstasy, monetary windfalls, revolution, rebirth and renewal.
- Pluto represents what we both fear and desire – the cycle of life, death and rebirth, the secrets of the universe, the occult mysteries, the explosive interplays between men and women and the miracles of life.
- Pluto encompasses all the most powerful forces of man and nature. His discovery coincides with the Great Depression, and the advent of atomic energy.
- A higher octave of the warlike energy of Mars, this is Pluto’s function in our lives. For those who refuse to flow with life’s inevitable evolution, Pluto is a wake up call.
- This planet is about transformation, regeneration and rebirth.
- Pluto says ‘out with the old and in with the new’ and we’d better be ready for it. If we are not, this planet will simply have us wallow in our misery.
- Pluto asks us to transcend that which we know, redeem ourselves in the process and come out stronger as a result.
- Pluto rules destruction, death, obsession, kidnapping, viruses and waste.
- Pluto also governs crime and the underworld, along with many forms of subversive activity (terrorism, dictatorship).
- This planet is about all that is secret and undercover, that which is hidden from view. Is this the story of good versus evil? Yes.
- Pluto’s energy is often focused on the masses and what the collective will do. Pluto makes the masses look inward (and to their subconscious) to see what is there.