Neptune is feminine energy and rules Pisces.
Positive Effects: Intuition, spirituality, awareness, imagination.
Negative Effects: Deception, confusion, fraud, treachery, drug-addiction.
It takes Neptune 165 years to complete its whirl around the zodiac, spending roughly 14 years at each sign. Neptune is known as the higher octave of Venus and is the second of the transcendental planets.
- Neptune was discovered in 1846. Its slow orbit around the zodiac ensures that its effect is generational in nature.
- Neptune taps into our deepest emotions and fears and inspires us with the wildest dreams and fantasies.
- Neptune’s discovery coincides with the advent of motion pictures – which have given us glimpses into much more, both real and imagined, than our individual minds could possibly dream of.
- Through the power of film and fantasy, Neptune draws the global community closer together in an artistic attempt to decipher and understand our differences and realize our similarities.
- Neptune is art, imagination, compassion, idealism, spirituality and unconditional love.
- Neptune can make the world appear foggy, frightening and confusing – or bring perfect clarity of purpose.
- The promise is that in our blind searching, we realize that we are all one. This is the lesson to be found in the deepest reaches of Neptune’s world, and is one well worth searching for.
- Dreams, illusion, abstract thought and the mysterious are all governed by Neptune.
- Our spirituality is important to this planet, and how we harness that energy for our personal betterment.
- Neptune invites us to let its energy wash over us and to use a meditative state to gain insights and heightened awareness.
- Poetry, music and dance are among the trance-like activities that this planet favors.
- Neptune is creating an illusion – of what is enchanting on the outside and captivating within.
- The shadow side of Neptune plays in a netherworld of drugs, alcohol, trances and hypnosis, hypochondria and abnormality.