The Moon is a feminine energy and rules Cancer.
Positive Effects: Joy, daydreams, spontaneity.
Negative Effects: Over reacting, animalistic, hate, jealousy, fear.
The Moon spends roughly 2 ½ days in each sign and takes 28 days to move through the zodiac.
- The Moon rules the ocean’s tides and brings us nurturing and sustenance. She comforts, soothes and rocks us in her gentle waves. Her ebb and flow feed our souls.
- The moon represents our emotional nature, gut feelings and deepest needs and fears.
- We travel with her through the heavens, learning the ways of the deepest love there is – the love of a mother for her child.
- The moon rules our emotions and subconscious.
- The moon governs our memory, our past, our hopes and our dreams.
- The Moon is the second most important influence over us and determines a general outline of our personality.
- Since the Moon is the closest planet to the Earth, it completes its circuit in less than a month. It also affects us more deeply than most planets.
- Mood swings, instinct, how we feel about things and how our feelings affect others are all influenced by the Moon.
- Whereas the Sun gives us our spirit, the Moon gives us our soul.
- The moon is goddess-like in that it symbolizes mother and the relationship between woman and child.
- This planet speaks to the women in one’s life and the role as a nurturer.
- The Moon also governs fertility, pregnancy and childbirth.