Mercury is neither masculine nor feminine energy and assumes the gender of the sign it is in. It rules both Gemini and Virgo.
Positive Effects: Intelligence, perception, judgement, memory, communication, singing, speaking, writing, acting, communication, short trips, travelling.
Negative Effects: Critical, sarcastic, argumentative, sly, shrewd.
Mercury is never more than 28 degrees from the Sun. It takes about 88 days to complete its orbit of the Sun.
- Mercury, whether in flight or assisting the earthbound, is the information superhighway of the Gods.
- Mercury deals with every-day information, travelling unseen through our community, follows our routines, watches over society and spreads the news.
- Mercury represents the way we process information, handle daily tasks, and know our place in society.
- Mercury rules our mental energy, how we conceive things and how we get our messages across to others.
- Communication, intellect and awareness are all within Mercury’s domain, as are logic and reasoning, our manner of thinking and how we create and express our thought processes.
- The nature of Mercury is restlessness and motion. Things happen fast here. Mercury is about a quick wit, quick thinking, possibilities, opinions, reasoning and the ability to rationalize things.
- Mercurial energy can be good or bad, but it will certainly be energizing.
- Mercury prompts us to move from one thing to the next and to get answers on both a physical and psychological level.
- Speaking, writing, books, online communication and learning are all within Mercury’s domain.
- When Mercury goes retrograde our communication is challenged.