Mars is masculine energy and rules both Aries and Scorpio.
Positive Effects: Ambition, strength, patience, boldness, passion, desire, forcefulness.
Negative Effects: Aggression, argumentative, boisterous, quick-tempered, impatient and self-destructive.
It takes nearly 2 years to complete its orbit through the Zodiac.
- With the sword of righteousness, Mars cuts boldly through all obstacles.
- Mars is the part of us that feels invincible – our sense of adventure, our bravery, and our strength of purpose.
- We see Mars in how we approach others and take what we want and need. He is our strength, our vitality and our drive to conquer.
- Mars is the action planet of the zodiac. The ‘Red Planet’, after all, should be pretty fiery and Mars does not disappoint. Energy, passion, drive and determination are all right up Mars’s alley.
- Mars commands us to stand up, be noticed and get things done.
- Ambition and competition are also within Mars’s realm. Whether it is at work or on the field of play. Mars encourages us to face challenges and to be our best – or better.
- Mars also values courage and honor. Assertion and a daring, fearless nature please this planet.
- Mars’s energy can be constructive or destructive. The God of war in ancient times, Mars could be brutally violent. While this energy still emanates from the Planet, it also asks us to harness this force for good. Stamina, ambition and achievement are still part of Mars’s mantra.
- Mars rules our sexuality and sexual energy and governs weapons, accidents and surgery (the last two illustrating the yin and yang nature of this planet).
- In the end, however, the energy of Mars can be quite useful if used properly.